Atlanta Maritime After-Hours - February 29th
Join your fellow maritime industry professionals for great networking. Warm your frozen fingers with tasty appetizers provided by AMA member and February After-Hours sponsor Shipco!
No fees, no RSVPs, but help spread the word within your office!
Date / time
Wednesday, February 29th
Irish Bred Pub
1155 Virginia Avenue
Hapeville, GA 30354
Thanks again to our generous February sponsor, Shipco!
Outside Sales Executive position open at Zim
Outside Sales Executive /Atlanta – Zim American Integrated Shipping has an open position in Outside Sales located in our Atlanta, GA offices. This challenging position will maintain an aggressive sales territory within the Atlanta,Ga and surrounding cities. The account base will cover both export and import (BCO and NVO’s) and support all of Zim’s worldwide service.
Zim offers a very competitive benefits package. The right candidate should have a minimum of two years in the shipping industry, be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and be able to travel overnight on an as- needed basis. This candidate must also be able to interface effectively with both clients and internal Management, secure contracts (import and export), multi-task, have excellent Customer Service skills and be able to offer proactive solutions to our customers and be a team player.
Please send resumes and references to: Leslie King/District Sales Manager, South Atlantic at: email@example.com
Business Development Coordinator at SBS Worldwide Atlanta
SBS Worldwide's Atlanta office is seeking an organized inside sales person with good operational and commercial knowledge.
- Telephone Sales / Assist in making appointments
- Airfreight/Seafreight quotations /Proposals/ Spot quotes to existing customers
- Follow up on quotations – monitoring success ratios
- Take calls for Business Development representatives when not in the office
- Customer Service – Liaise with existing accounts, including external visits with Business Development representatives
- Preparation of sales letters on behalf of sales team
- Run reports Leads, Research & Qualify
- Qualify Sales Leads/Answer all leads in a timely manner
- Present Routing orders and follow up for additional business
- Manages own performance and development, by setting SMART objectives
- Communicates honestly, openly, clearly, in a timely manner and accurately. Effectively influences people at all levels internally and externally through communication, negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Works co-operatively with other team members in an open and honest way, encouraging involvement and sharing of ideas with others to achieve business objectives. Proactive and flexible in building and maintaining effective networks.
- Demonstrates an understanding of who our customers are and gives priority to meeting their needs, by providing effective customer led solutions.
- Able to gather information from a variety of sources, to challenge information and apply decision making techniques to come to an informed decision. Takes responsibility and ownership for implementation.
Contact: Ben Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlanta Maritime's March 2012 Dinner Meeting & Speaker
Join your Atlanta Maritime Association fellow industry professionals for a discussion on an unexpected new trend and its effect on logistics chain.
Logistics chain effects of motor carriers using rail
Director, Port Development & Strategy
Date / time
Thursday, March 15th, 2012
6:00 - 7:00 Registration and reception
7:00 - 9:30 Dinner and speaker
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter Galleria
6345 Powers Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30339
Atlanta, GA 30339
Assistant Sales Manager position at Zim American
Asst. Sales Manager/Atlanta – Zim American Integrated Shipping has developed a new position based in our Atlanta offices. This exciting and challenging position will combine the responsibilities of maintaining an aggressive sales territory within the Atlanta,Ga and surrounding cities as well as the functions of Asst. Sales Manager to support the District Sales Manager based in Atlanta. Zim offers a very competitive benefits package. The right candidate must have a minimum of 5 – 7 years in the shipping industry, be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and be able to travel overnight on an as- needed basis. This candidate must also be able to interface effectively with both clients and internal Sr. Management, secure contracts (import and export), multi-task, have excellent Customer Service skills and be able to offer proactive solutions to our customers and be a team player.
Please send resumes and references to: Leslie King/District Sales Manager, South Atlantic: email@example.com
Job posting - Sealaska Global Logistics
Export Supervisor – Air and Ocean experience a must with 5 years’ of actual experience. This person must be agile with the ability to go from Air to Ocean easily, Fantastic Customer Skills with the ability to provide proactive solutions to the customer and be a team player. References a must!
Import Supervisor – Air and Ocean Import, Break-bulk, and Customs Brokerage experience a must with 5 years of actual experience. This person must be highly focused on customer service and have the ability to multi-task and provide proactive solutions to the customer
Customs House Broker – SGL is looking for a licensed and experienced Customs House Broker. Must have 5-7 years’ experience and be familiar with all regulatory agencies such as FDA and USDA.
Product and Sales Administrator - This candidate will assist Sales and Product Development. The candidate must have exceptional Excel, Power Point and Visio skills. Have previous experience working with Product and providing Senior Level Sales support for proposals and Standard Operating Procedures
Trade Lane Managers Asia, India, United Kingdom – SGL is recruiting Trade Development Managers who would be shared resources between our mutual geographies that we serve, to actively develop new business and work closely with our overseas partners. We are looking for highly disciplined candidates with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience, with a strong International freight forwarding background in Air and Ocean. Candidate will travel extensively locally and internationally.
Please no direct calls. Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcing Atlanta Maritime Association's 2012 Board Members, Officers, and Volunteers!
Our new 2012 AMA Board Members are:
Kathy Herrera-Vanguard Logistics,
Herman Brown-Georgia Ports Authority,
Our new Secretary is Elizabeth Anderson with APL.
Returning officers are Angelo Latona-MSC as Vice President and Angela Sturdivant as Treasurer. Chris Lawrence returns as Chairwoman.
Other Board Members and Volunteers are: Beverly Horan-AZ, Jim Sledd-ASF Intermodal, Donna Mullins-CV Intl, Gail Clay-St, George Warehouse, Tom Taylor-USAPEEC, Rodney Brennan-Hartsfield Warehouse, L'Gena Prevatt-DGM, and Kemp Reichmann-AGC, Lewis Atkinson-SBS Worldwide, Steve.
Join or renew membership in Atlanta Maritime Association for 2012
$160 annual corporate membership will be valid through 12/31/2012.
1. Fill out the 2012 form and send in.
2. Make check out and mail to
Atlanta Maritime Association
P.O. Box 725216
Atlanta, GA 30339
pay online here
Either way, forms must be completed/submitted!